Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Perez Hilton's One Night in NYC

Oh, yeah. I was there. Heart my friends!! Thanks to "Yo Yo" who invited moi. The set list for the night was amazing. And curious. I never thought I would see Pauly D do DJ, live. I mean, EVER. In my life.

One Night In NYC - Set List 2011

Mike Nouveau DJ
DJ Pauly D
Anjulie
Iggy Azalea
Karmin
Mia Moretti DJ
Boyz II Men
Mary J. Blige
Little Boots DJ


This was like being in the candy store. Gushing on the sweets even when you know they can rot your teeth! Except Boyz II Men. They rock. Their first song was MotownPhilly. I knew most of the words to it! I did learn something in school. The group has shrunk by 1. Nathan, Wanya and Shawn are still very much in. Boyz II Men came out with a new album, Twenty, today!



A few of my other favorite acts are Karmin and Anjulie.


Anjulie is a Canadian singer/songwriter who's songs has appeared on many shows. She also won the video of the year in 2009 for "Boom." Anjulie's older songs leans towards more soul/pop-rock music. Her new song, "Brand New B**ch" is going a WHOLE different way. Electro and dance-pop. I have to admit that it is really catchy. It would go great in the dance clubs. The audience loved it, but her older fans are giving the curious eye brow for now. It's great that she's experimenting with other music, though. She is going for something "Brand New."

Karmin, Karmin, Karmin. Karmin is a duo with Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan. These 25 year olds from Massachusetts are hitting mainstream radio like lightening. One of Karmin's originals, "Take It Away," was featured in this year's NBA Finals. Amy is the guitar and vocals and also an EXCELLENT rapper who favors a style from the 1940s. She pulls it off beautifully. Nick is the piano guy and the other half of this recently ENGAGED duo. Congrats!! Once you listen to their cover of Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass", there will be no turning back.




And last but not least, I will leave you a picture of Pauly D. I was so mesmerized by his shiny Italia laptop. And that hair. Fist pumping was definitely involved. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment