Monday, May 2, 2011

NYC Free Concert Season Begins ...

Although, I am sure there are plenty of concerts that has happened and are happening in our lovely city, I just thought I'd mention the Black Eyed Peas and their upcoming free concert. I hope you like this word as much as I do...free!

The BEPs will be performing on June 9, 2011 in Central Park to benefit the Robin Hood Foundation. The Robin Hood Foundation specifically funds programs that are most effective in fighting poverty in NYC. The BEPs also started an arts school in New York which will, hopefully, offset the cut to the arts programs in New York's public school system.

This concert is might also play as an introduction from BEPs to NYC announcing that they will be here for some time. I wasn't sure how and where the money is coming from since the concert will be free, but it is mentioned that VIP seats will be sold online. There will be about 50,000 tickets that will be given away online! Good luck! Maybe you can take a nice stroll across the Park that day, too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment