Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jonatha Brooke & Dollhouse

I was so freakin' upset when Joss Whedon's Dollhouse was canceled. This was one of the most intriguing series (as most Whedon's shows are) I've ever seen. So sad that it was canceled after only 2 seasons. But reality shows like Big Brother and Jersey Shore (I disclose that I may have watched a few episodes) goes on year after year. What are the American public filling their minds with!? Sigh. Oh, Victor. I'm going to miss you. At least the series was given like 3 episodes to wrap things up...with warp speed. And if you don't like it, it's because you just don't get it =P
Phooey.

Anywho, back to the point. The title song, "What You Don't Know," is by Jonatha Brooke. I'd compare her to Shawn Colvin and Sarah McLachlan. Very soft, slow and intense. This song absolutely fits in with the darkness and hope portrayed in Dollhouse and I love it. It says how she'll be here with the ability to be and do anything. But before you know it, she'll be gone.

I wasn't too crazy about the hook, though. If anything, it's not even necessary, haha. Ahem. So I started to research (a.k.a. Google, Youtube) her other songs. Apparently, she also appeared on the soundtrack of "Return to Neverland," named "I'll Try." It displays her nitch which is very fairytale. Jonatha's songs appears on a long list of TV series. Her work is pretty contemporary adult. She's had some success in the early 90s and continues to play, write and sing....in French, too. Oui, oui! Jonatha's latest album came out in 2008, called The Works with mixed reviews from critics. Critics, schmitics. Don't let them stop you from listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment