Monday, July 18, 2011

End of an Era

This week I was all about Harry Potter. I've been reading it since the first book came out in the late 90s. The movies were just putting our imaginations into reality. This isn't just about the "hype." There's a reason why the books became so popular. There are many life lessons entwined into this magical story. And can you imagine the things that goes on inside JK Rowling's mind!?

Anywho, so besides me oozing my HP fever into CNote, I want you to know the composer for HP7. The music was just absolutely AMAZING. Every note of the score accentuated the emotions that make us human. I have no words to describe it. I just know this music dove inside my heart and tugged on strings that have been left idle by my real world.

Who do I have to thank for this? Alexandre Desplat, a French film composer. His resume is filled with major French and Hollywood motion pictures such as Syriana, The Queen and Coco avant Chanel. Alexandre Desplat's awards include Golden Globes and BAFAs. He more then deserves to get nominations and awards for this work. Holy cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment