Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ray LaMontagne

His music is straight out of the 70s and what you would expect to come on the radio after "You've Got a Friend" and "American Pie". His voice is raspy and emotional like James Morrison. But the beard is all Ray.

When I'm listening to Ray Lamontagne's songs, I feel like I'm looking up and down the street, from Kevin Arnold's front porch on a hot summer's day. Basking in the satisfaction of drinking an ice cold lemonade, made by his mom, as a treat for us after a hard day's play at the school's playground. Ah, those were the days.

By the way, Ray Lamontagne is also a recent Grammy winner(!) for the Best Contemporary Folk album named, God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise. Congrats! Yeah, I don't think he performed that night...

Ray grew up in New England and attended high school in (reluctantly) Moscow. He started his career back in 1999, playing in local indie bars. Since around 2005, his music started to appear in many movies and television series. Not too shabby. =)

Here's one of my favorite songs of his, Forever My Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment