Saturday, March 12, 2011

DJ on the Subway

Gosh. The last thing anyone wants to think about after a long night is HOW LONG it's going to take to get home. I had to get a frappachino to assist me in my journey. Then my friend and I hopped on the subway in hopes of getting home at a decent time. It was a weeknight, after all.

Halfway through my trip, after my friend got off at her stop, I heard, "Sorry, I'm just being nosy." I turn around and see a woman all up in my neighboring commuter's business. She looked a little too happy. I'm thinking she had one too many happy hours that night! But I end up looking at his business, too. This guy was mixing on a turntable on his netbook! I see LMFAO, Usher, Lupe Fiasco, Korean music and SO MUCH MORE on his list. The DJ was gracious enough to hand her one of his earphones to listen to him mixing. He was more than excited to share, actually. The lady and her friend were having a ball! So was the rest of the train that looked on, haha. Then the party had to stop because DJ arrived at his destination. Sigh. Fun times, though.

Even for a mere moment, on a sleepy subway, in the midst of a Wednesday night, music can still take us away.

No comments:

Post a Comment