Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh Land, Oh My

This is absolutely not fair. I mean, sure there are beautiful people and talented people, but how many people have both!? Well, Nanna Øland Fabricius has GOT BOTH. Wow wee. This Denmark native goes by her stage name, Oh Land. At first, I thought her name probably has some indie meaning/twist to it. Oops. Don't assume! Oh Land's self titled album came out in March 2011. I was watching late night (shocking) a while ago and saw her perform live. Freaking mesmerized.

Her future hit (because it's that good), "Sun of a Gun," showcases her vocal talent and her destiny as a pop star. I'd group her songs with La Roux and Shiny Toy Guns and her beauty with Heidi Klum and Jamie King. Seriously. She's going to hit the big time in no time. I just hope her style doesn't change much for the corporate machines. Here's hoping.

Check out her FREE shows in New York this week!

Charles Bank Gallery
196 Bowery Street
March 29th to April 1st
Doors open at 8PM
Show starts at 8:30 PM
Space is limited!

1 comment: