Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Going Country - Cowboy Take Me Away

I love, live and breathe music (disclosure: doesn't mean I'm good at it). All kinds of music. But there's always been one genre that I just never quite understood and frankly, never gave a chance to. Country. Country music is a whole different planet to me. It's definitely different. Maybe growing up in a big city had something to do with it? Maybe.

Anywho, I finally listened to a few songs recently, when a friend mentioned how much he loved country music. "Wait, what? YOU?!"

I'm bringing this up because over the past few days I've replayed Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood's Remind Me ... into gluttony. And then Brad Paisley's Little Moments. And David Nail's Let It Rain. And then Keith Urban's You'll Think of Me. Where my Dixie Chicks at? I know this is just the tip of the iceberg and I'm just scraping the border between country and pop. Give me some time. But I am certainly enchanted by this "new territory." =D

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment