Monday, June 10, 2013

Blue Note Jazz Festival 2013

The sun is out, the birds are singing and barbeques are cookin'!! Well, at least they were this weekend and hopefully after this wet week ahead. Don't forget to to keep the music goin' either. The Blue Note Jazz Festival will be going on all throughout June!

There will be some free and some not-so-free but well worth your buck. Get out of your cubby and check it out!

Here's a blurb of some notables:

Buddy Guy. Need I say more?

When I was just a wee young professional at my first job, on my first work trip...I took full advantage of being in the Windy City. Searching for Chicago blues was my top priority.
Right after work, I strolled into Buddy Guy's Legends. And stayed for the rest of the night.

Buddy Guy will be playing @ B.B. King's on 6/26th and the 27th @ 8pm.



One of my other favorites (I say this with confetti and poms poms) will also be performing for this fest. The Hot Sardines!

These guys keep the 20s very much alive with their always impeccable sounds, energy and ensemble! You WILL have a great time with them. And if you don't, then there's something wrong with you. Juuust kidding...

They'll be playing at Lucille's on June 15th @ 8 pm. Free!



Hope to see you here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment