Monday, December 27, 2010

Ruth on Craig

Some time a few nights ago, I spent my late hours with one of my favorite men, Craig Ferguson, hehe. I love his bunny puppet, too. I'm easily amused. Anywho, his musical guest, Ruth Gerson, was absolutely amazing. Stopped me in my tracks! She has to be one of the best vocalists I've ever heard. She has the look of Sheryl Crow and Tori Amos. But she is vocally much stronger and more mellow with her heart tugging lyrics about life that anyone who's "living" can relate to. Her music is alternative, pop rock, indie, jazz...I think that's about it. And then I looked her up. This Princeton grad made her first CD back in 1997. She was once listed as the second best vocalists in the Italian magazine, Buscadero. Ruth has been working on music since she graduated from Princeton and has also taught there. Why is someone like this not more famous...than Justin Bieber for goodness sakes!? Oy. This should be on iTunes. Ruth is now based in California. Her latest CD, "This Can't Be My Life," came out on July 20th, 2010. Check her out here! www.RuthGerson.com

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFsWwsYtFo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Ruth!! Glad you stopped by =) Cheers and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete