Friday, November 11, 2011

V.V. Brown - back in NYC



One of the most original and talented singer songwriters, V.V. Brown is finally out of hiatus and I am ecstatic. Here's my first post on her. Please excuse the excessive use of (!).She made a tour stop in NYC last week! If you weren't there then you missed out on a good time. V.V. not only sang her classics such as "Shark in the Water," she also sang a load of her new songs from her upcoming album, Lollipops & Politics. It is set to be released in early 2012. Review = great. The songs are more mature and involves more serious issues that effects today's generations. And V.V. still makes it fun.

One of my favorites is "Famous." She wants to be famous/But what does it mean? What do anything we do in this life, mean to you?

I had the pleasure of meeting V.V. for a mere minute after her performance. I was a bit star stuck. I was meeting one of my favorite artists of all time! All I was able to get out was "I really like your songs. You are so cool. Can you sign this?" Oy. At least it made sense! V.V. was an absolute dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment